Carly Newberg is an Author, Substitute Teacher, and Freelancer specializing in writing, editing, and marketing. As an adolescent, Carly struggled with an eating disorder (Anorexia, Bulimia, and Exercise Addiction) which has contributed to her passion for mental health and overall wellbeing. Carly has been recovered five years and recently worked in a residential treatment facility with those aiming to recover. She gives talks and leads events and workshops throughout Oregon.
JUST EAT NORMALLY PODCAST EPISODE 47
In this episode we discuss:
– Impact of growing up with food scarcity and being forced to finish your plate as a child
– How school sports can spiral into an eating disorder
– Purging with exercise and laxatives
– Dealing with people’s comments about body changes
– What a self-recovery journey looks like
– Cultivating confidence to share your story and experience of an eating disorder
– How sharing your story can create a new narrative
– Using social media to find a likeminded community in recovery
– Carly’s new book, Good Enough
Please remember that this podcast shares opinions and information, it isn’t for the diagnosis or treatment of an eating disorder, mental or physical health issues.
or search “Just Eat Normally” on your podcast platform