In this episode I speak to Nutritional Therapist and Naturopath Lauren Windas about elimination diets. We discuss how to maintain a positive relationship with food if you have to eat in a certain way for health reasons and Lauren shares her personal and professional experience.
We cover …
– What is an elimination diet and why might someone do it?
– Lauren’s experience of M.E/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and how elimination diets influenced her relationship with food
– Understanding the difference between food allergies and food intolerances, and how intolerances are like shifting sands (they do not always need to be life-long!)
– Diet culture and why eliminations diets have become a recent trend
– Avoiding nutritional deficiencies when embarking on an elimination diet
– Mindset, NLP and shifting our physiology when it comes to food
– Reintroducing foods when on an elimination diet
Please remember that this podcast shares opinions and information, it isn’t for the diagnosis or treatment of an eating disorder, mental or physical health issues.
I hope you found this episode Interesting & Inspirational – please subscribe to this podcast and leave a review.