In this episode I speak to Alex Williams, a Registered Associate Nutritionist and Founder of Weight Inclusive Training for Healthcare Professionals.
In this episode we discuss:
– Alex’s relationship with food throughout school and university, her experience with ‘pseudo-dieting’ and how she’s found food freedom
– How diet culture is ingrained in our culture and the pressure young women feel to fit in
– Her journey to becoming a weight-inclusive nutritionist
– Why all healthcare professionals should be weight-inclusive
– The government’s plan to introduce calorie labelling on menus in restaurants and the potential impact for people with eating disorders
Please remember that this podcast shares opinions and information, it isn’t for the diagnosis or treatment of an eating disorder, mental or physical health issues.
I hope you found this episode Interesting & Inspirational – please subscribe to this podcast and leave a review