In this episode I speak to Jenelle Periard, a Breathwork Practitioner and founder of Beyond Your Breath about using breathwork as a tool for eating disorder recovery.
In this episode we discuss:
– Jenelle’s relationship with food and her body which stemmed from being bullied and wanting to belong
– How she navigated anorexia, binge eating disorder and other disordered eating behaviours
– What breathwork is and how the different styles of break work vary in intensity depending on the intention of the practice
– The benefits of breathwork and the power of our breath
– How emotions can build up in our body and the need to process and release them
– How to get started and how often to do breathwork to reap the benefits
Please remember that this podcast shares opinions and information, it isn’t for the diagnosis or treatment of an eating disorder, mental or physical health issues.
I hope you found this episode Interesting & Inspirational – please subscribe to this podcast and leave a review